Call/email the PM, FM & Party leaders
Former Canadian MP (1980-88) and retired United Church Minister Jim Manly is among a crew of prominent internationals on the Freedom Flotilla’s ship, the “Estelle” approaching Gaza to peacefully challenge the illegal and inhumane Israeli blockade. Also on board the Estelle are parliamentarians from Greece (Vangelis Diamandopoulos and Dimitris Kodelas), Norway (Aksel Hagen), Spain (Ricardo Sixto Iglesias) and Sweden (Sven Britton).
Now Israel is threatening to take this unarmed civilian vessel by force and the Canadian government, as well as Canadian politicians from all parties (including Jim’s own NDP), are letting him down. Not a word of support or concern about his safety.
We need to speak out and ask our Government and politicians to:
- Demand that Israel let the Estelle proceed to Gaza.
- Demand that Israel ensure the safety and security of the Estelle and everyone on board (especially focusing on Jim and his lifelong service to Canada).
Below you will find the contacts for key politicians from all parties. Please contact them ASAP. Your message can be as simple as the 2 points above or you can write your own message. Please hurry, time is tight.
Canadian Boat to Gaza
- Stephen Harper (Prime Minister of Canada)
- John Baird (Minister of Foreign Affairs)
NDP (Official Opposition):
- Thomas Mulcair (Leader)
- Paul Dewar (Foreign Affairs Critic)
- Bob Rae (Leader)
- Dominic LeBlanc (Foreign Affairs Critic)
- Louis Plamondon
Tiny URL for this post: