2013 Sponsored Diet to Benefit Palestine
You are invited to support Palestine by taking part in our 2013 Sponsored Diet! to benefit Gaza’s Ark .
Israel restricts the amount of food going in to Gaza, a ruthless and deliberate policy whereby the dietary needs of the Gazan people are chillingly calculated to keep the population alive at a near starvation level. An Israeli minister joked that they were ‘putting the Palestinians on a diet’. Members of the international community are invited to join in a diet voluntarily, to show solidarity with the people of Gaza, and to raise funds for Gaza’s Ark
- Weigh-in on or around Thursday Jan 3rd 2013 at home or with fellow dieters
- Join the 2013 Sponsored Diet Google Group for moral support
- Get sponsors (suggest $2 per pound or $1 per kilogram or in whatever your currency is)
- Eat less or differently
- Weigh-out Thursday March 28th or thereabouts, after 12 weeks
- Exercise more, on your own, or with your local group
- Collect money from sponsors
- Give in all money to Gaza’s Ark (or your local organizer) by May 1st 2013
- Dieters and their sponsors may choose between supporting Gaza’s Ark or 14FP.
Please note that your actual weight will remain confidential at all times.
This year there will be a subsection for underweight people who need to gain weight. The same rules apply, but in reverse.
Those of you who do not need/wish to lose weight are invited to sponsor those of us that do.
If you want to join or sponsor someone, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To download flier click here
Tiny URL for this post: