Gaza’s Ark Returning to the Water
We are pleased to announce that over the past year, thanks to your generous donations, we have raised over $200,000 towards Gaza’s Ark, which we are preparing to sail from Gaza against the Israeli illegal blockade.
To complete the next stage of the boat we need to raise $20,000 in the next two weeks – please help by making a donation here.
Donate so we can finish what we started, together
Due to the dedication of Palestinian workers in Gaza and your generous support and in spite of difficulties obtaining building supplies because of the Israeli blockade and the closure of the border crossing with Egypt at Rafah, the work on Gaza’s Ark remains on schedule for a Spring 2014 (Autumn 2014 for Australia) sailing.
Last month, we pulled Gaza’s Ark out of the water and we have carried out the following works in dry dock:
- checked the under water level of the hull, which was then treated and anti-fouling was applied
- completed maintenance of the propeller and rudder.
See photos of work done while boat on land.
The boat is due to re-enter the water shortly and we will then commence the next phase of the renovation, including:
- concluding work relating to the hull and the main cabin
- building two bulkheads below deck
- carrying out some of the electromechanical works.
Please continue to help us as we prepare Gaza’s Ark to sail against the blockade. You can donate towards:
- ‘Symbolic Shares’ in Gaza’s Ark for $50 (Canadian) each.
- Materials and wages necessary for refurbishment in units of $100 (Canadian).
Gaza’s Ark will sail with Palestinian products on board. Make your purchase now (minimum purchase $500 Canadian). Visit www.gazaark.org/products for more information.
Thank you again for your ongoing support. With your assistance and the work of our international partners, especially the Palestinians in Gaza, we have made this project a reality.
Gaza’s Ark Steering Committee
Tiny URL for this post:
This post is also available in: French